Sunday 7 January 2018

A few days away for the beer fairy and a bit of a clean up.

The first two pictures are at my house not sure why they were taken but the next couple are the beer fairy's effort he went to stay a few days with my son and daughter in law up in QLD and I gave him the camera and said take lots of photos glad I didn't say just take a couple.

A spider or two found at my sons house

This was my fathers house it looks so different now there once was a huge tree out the front.


Pictures of boats
pictures of boats with beer fairy on the left

pictures of boats with beer fairy on the he right or is it the other way around.
The swimming pool,  everything looks very green they had had a bit of rain.

Banana benders are not always very polite but we are not always well behaved but I do love this little reminder telling everyone what is expected of them.
A bit of advertising on the golf course

a game of golf was on the cards.


I have reclaimed my front verander my son has taken all his bits and pieces left over from his house he sold in Sydney a few years back.
This is a great place for a cup of tea or coffee in summer as you catch the breezes and you can watch the world go by.



Most of the plants are fake as I once had a huge planter out here with lots of plants but the water never really got away.



and as you can see it caused a fair bit of damage I would like to get it repaired and repointed but these days they usually tear down and rebuild.


The front yard needs a lot of work but it is just to hot to do much at the moment.
but I did cut all my creeping fig down a lot of it had died this bit requires a ladder to get it down I was hoping it would just fall down I'm not fond of ladders.

A bit wild all round but when the weather cools I will tackle it  we are expecting 42c today so most likely all day inside today.

26 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! I would love to sit on that veranda with you lol,,your beer fairy has a very impressive beard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the beard will last much longer it is the middle of summer here and so hot. It is very Cool on the veranda you are welcome to join me if ever in Australia.
      Merle............

      Delete
  2. 'just too hot' - you've no idea how jealous that makes me feel, Merle!
    Happy New Year from damp, cold, dull old Blighty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity we could exchange some heat for some cool.
      Happy New Year to you too.
      Merle.............

      Delete
    2. Pity we could exchange some heat for some cool.
      Happy New Year to you too.
      Merle.............

      Delete
  3. I can remember a clean up of that veranda in the past. Hope it cools down soon for you to finish; that will mean spring is rolling around for up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get cleaned up a lot a bit of a dumping ground for stuff but now I have a half empty shed to fill up.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  4. Hari Om
    I was hearing about the high temps as there was a report about the crash up at Berowra and the cicadas were blaring and everyone was wilting... you know I love your overgrown garden! Over here, we are getting record low temps... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was better with a storm this afternoon.
      Merle.................

      Delete
  5. I hear you on the toooooo hot and the garden has got away from. And on staying inside.
    I hope Beer Fairy is fully recovered, and enjoyed his time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did always good to go somewhere different for a while.
      Merle............

      Delete
  6. Looks like a nice cozy place. I see item with looks like a #43 on it. What is it.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just part of the front fence I think.
      Merle.................

      Delete
  7. Looks like the Beer Fairy had a nice time away. I like your front porch, it reminds me of the porch I had when I lived in NSW, a much different look, but a good place to get some shade and breezes in the afternoons. We had our 42C yesterday, cooler for the rest of the week now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat out there today and watched the storm .
      Merle..............

      Delete
  8. Well, you got to 42 degrees and then some more. The Beer Fairy is looking very wild and hairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beard and long hair came off today maybe yesterday was just to hot.
      Merle............

      Delete
  9. Hello, it does look like the Beer Fairy had a nice trip. I like your porch, looks like a nice shady spot. I hope it cools down some. We could use some of that heat hear. Have a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cooler today, much better.
      Merle.............

      Delete
  10. Hi Merle, glad the beer fairy is feeling better. Those baby dolls are such cute twins. I love the blue ceramic tile tables on your veranda. Love looking at your photos. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue tables are my invention a lazy afternoon, leftover tiles you never know what you will end up with.
      Merle............

      Delete
  11. Hello Merle...Wowsers. I didn't recognize the beer fairy at all with his big "barba," (beard.) Thanks for sharing all the photos. I will probably never get to Australia so it's nice to see what it's like there. Happy New Year, Merle. Susan (Is Barb okay?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb is ok up and walking now.
      Merle.........

      Delete
  12. The marina looks good and he did take some nice photos.
    Yes, too hot up your way for doing much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is to hot to do much.
      Merle................

      Delete
  13. Hi Merle, looks like the Beer Fairy does a good turn with the camera! The Marina is nice and I was confused about the sign, but my hubby was nearby and as soon as he read it, he knew it was a golf course sign. Guess it is in the universal golf language - hehe. My Dad had a full beard, too, all his life. He would have loved to see so many men sporting them again. Gardens have a way of getting ahead of us. Mine is looking pretty wild, too, but I have the opposite problem - too cold to go out and do much about it! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Hello