Sunday 9 October 2016

My week.

 We have had some windy weather lately my gabizo thingo is in pieces.
 Big rips in the covers
 And the all the plastic bits are broken.
 The only thing I could save were the metal pipes.

 The twins high chairs, wish they were this small and practical when mine were little, mine had funny wooden legs always dirty, straps and a tray that stained. Maybe my last visit before the twins arrive.
 Our next door neighbours had a birthday party for their daughters thirteen birthday the always have leftovers but this is enough to feed us for almost a week . The Beer Fairy looks pleased.
On the way to my friends house I took photos of her neighbourhood. Nice tree lined streets and old houses.
 These were so pretty.
 I would buy that house if I could afford it.
 or this one.
 This was once The Asia Centre but has been sold to church organization.

 and this was the old peoples nursing home but now a private house and the grounds been built out with units.

And I once lived in the top flat a long time ago when we  were first married.

15 comments:

  1. Hello, sorry about your wind damage. Your garden still looks beautiful. The high chairs are cute. The food looks delicious, leftovers are wonderful. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was only minor some place had trees fall on them.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Crikey, big winds already? Such beaut old homes; I do like to see modern architecture, but much prefer to live in the atmosphere of the ancients! That's a lot of leftovers; lucky score BF!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they have parties everyone brings a lot of stuff plus they cater for parties for a living.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  3. I bet the majority of marriages start out in the top flat. Can you buy replacement parts for the broken bits of awning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beer fairy really liked it there he comes from the country and it was full of young people just like us so lots of company, I missed the garden.
      Merle......................

      Delete
  4. We have had lots of wind here too. One suburb lost over thirty trees.
    Sigh on your gazebo.
    How did you manage without a garden in that top flat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe the amount of pot plants I had, but I so missed my parents garden.
      Merle.......

      Delete
  5. That's not good that your gazebo has been damaged maybe the cloth covering can be replaced. It's lovely to have good neighbours. You're right the high chairs are designed well we had an old wooden one too it was very hard to keep clean.Thanks for sharing the pics of the buildings and that pretty tree on your walk it looks like a lovely area of Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gazebo is dead and gone, if I got another one I would make sure all connectors were metal the plastic just falls apart.
      It was parts of Ashfield close to the city.
      Merle.................

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your gazebo. The winds must have really been wild. High chairs, and other baby things, are so much better these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby stuff is a better design and easier to clean now.
      Merle.............

      Delete
  7. Time for a new Gazebo. I really like the umbrella table corner of your yard, I could sit there for hours, it looks so peaceful.
    The highchairs for the twins got me all excited, I love babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not long to go now, I getting pretty excited too.
      Merle................

      Delete
  8. Too bad about your gazebo, Merle. I had those wooden high chairs for my kids, too - the new ones are so nice and easy to clean! So excited for you! Love your walk through the neighborhood. I would love to live in that white house, but I love them all. Must be some good memories of your flat when you were young :) x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Hello