Wednesday 19 October 2016

A walk to the shops, Spring is everywhere.





This guy is a house painter, his house could do with a coat of paint but his garden is very good, very tropical and nice and cool to walk past in summer.
The garden extends right up to the curb and the car is wrapped up just in case we have a cold snap, come to think of it it's never unwrapped maybe a spare, as I've seen him in a different one.
The street trees are flowering so that brings the birds.

This is a pretty rose .
I like this house always very neat
and the boat out the front isn't bad eighter.

I like this house too but the garden is not much chop.
Another boat lots around lately wonder if they won lotto maybe they have a big win, not noticed so many before.
Some houses have small blocks and some have large.


This is my driveway it's a bit of a mess but I'm getting there this old bath is from my sons house it is to live out its life as a outside bath on a farm with a fire under it to keep it warm, well that's the Beer Fairy's and Bo Peep idea will it happen who knows.  

And I have a lemon or two, this hasn't happened before.
And lots of flowers and a few roses.

The fence is slowly disappearing.
but it is there.
Time for a coffee and a apple turnover now see you later.

16 comments:

  1. Yum, apple turnover :)
    That was a pretty walk you took us on, nice gardens, I love the climbing rose.
    My mum had an old bathtub, she asked my brother to dig a hole and half bury it, then turned it into a goldfish pond. She put a mesh cover to keep cats out and planted ferns all around, it was shaded by a gum tree so didn't get too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple turnover was great, they always are.
      I have a bathtub up the back, growing herbs but they all died but I will have another go.
      Merle............

      Delete
  2. We had a bath-tup sunk in the yard as a fishpond too. And should have had mesh over it. The cats and the birds got rather a lot of fish from it. And the cats very considerately laid them on the door mat.
    Loved walking with you. Your spring is further along than ours. We have a few roses in bud, but none anywhere near blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to put fish in my pond, my cats are to old to catch fish at least I hope so.
      Roses everywhere here .
      Merle................

      Delete
  3. The old bath would make a great raised garden don't know if I would enjoy outdoor bathing unless under a moonlit sky! The rose and your flowering tree are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might still end up as a garden yet, you never know.
      Merle....................

      Delete
  4. Some people say they get bored when walking in the street, but there is an endless number of houses and gardens to look at, as you did. The car is roped and well as wrapped. It is not going to be used as a getaway car. You have reminded me, there is a jelly slice in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to explore new places but wondering around my home area is alway interesting, things are always changing.
      It could be a getaway car no one knows what it looks like it is always wrapped up.
      Enjoy your jelly slice.
      Merle.............

      Delete
  5. Hari OM
    I adore 'sticky-beaking' the neighbourhood and don't mind accompanying you on this little ramble &*> Now to put the kettle on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok but I ate the apple turnover with fresh cream.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  6. Always fun to take a walk around the neighborhood with you, Merle. I like all the fancy brickwork and the flowering trees and plants. Looks like everyone is getting the boats out for the summer. Your house has the prettiest garden :) x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had a boat to display cause I don't think I would be any good sailing in it, not a good sailor.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  7. Hello Merle, the spring flowers and gardens are all gorgeous. Lovely images from your walk. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely time of the year.
      Merle..............

      Delete
  8. Oooooh Merle. The coffee and apple turnover sound good. Spring, huh? We are in autumn, awaiting winter. Can you send spring back here? (Wishful thinking). Thanks for the nice tour. Thanks, too, for visiting my posts. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice walk to the shops. The red rose made my day, thank you, Merle. I like the picture of the red flowers against the white fence, that's pretty.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello