Sunday 9 November 2014

Busy weekend visiting friends and Bo Peep's farm.

 Afternoon tea out the front at Barbara's place.
 Interesting street trees, these are very old and grow in weid and wonderful shapes.
 And this is the block of flats where the beer fairy and I lived when we were first married, the very top one facing the street, all those stairs but we were very young then and it kept us fit and slim.
 Mavis is daydreaming, she looks miles away.
 Close up of the tree.
I spent Friday night at my daughters catching up on "Game of Thrones" and arrived home on Saturday afternoon.
 Bo peep and the beer fairy were off to spent the day at the farm on Sunday to take some more sheep down lets hope the don't lose these ones.
Breakfast was very early, not so good taking animals in the heat of the day, sun's out and lovely and cool still .

 The beer fairy took photos, I think it looks a bit dry but he must have taken the wrong ones as he told me it was green everywhere.
 I't only a couple of hours but looks a bit of a tight fit to me.
 All arrived safely.
 Along with a trailer load of furniture, they would have looked like country hicks moving their furniture and lambs to their new farm.
 This is the farmhouse, its a after retirement project for bo peep, he bought it about 10 years back and is slowly working on it, he has planted trees built dams and now has 17 sheep all together, 3 went missing a while back but he has repaired most of the fences now, plenty of grass to eat here.
 It's miles away from anywhere.

 With a huge shed.




 Everything unloaded.

 Lovely sunny day



 But the sheep are not impressed they head for the shade.
 Off home again now.






It's all pretty flat out here but there is plenty of wind, these things are huge lots needed to turn them.

15 comments:

  1. ... glad you enjoyed your time with your daughter, Merle... I love game of Thrones.... looking forward to season 5.....
    Bo Peep's sheep look fat and healthy....
    Hugs ... Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder the sheep headed for the shade..I would too if I were wearing a thick coat!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful countryside, thats where I would love to live!! Mavis is so pretty sitting there day dreaming,

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice for BoPeep to have such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    That's my kinda country... and it is comparatively green, though heading into the summer, already turning to 'standing hay'!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much greener than round here. We are browing off - fast. When did you first get a garden to play in - I assume that first flat didn't have one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, Merle. He sure likes his privacy and has plenty of it! Glad you are well and happy. Susan p.s. Thanks so much for the visit to my post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, look at the turbines. They are a nice earner for the landowner. It rained heavily here a week or so ago, but the grass did not turn green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of you to share you good weekend with us, Merle. Thank You



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing the countryside in your photos! Good for him for following his dream! Glad the sheep all got there safely! And your friend is so sweet! Always nice to be with friends! Happy week to you Merle! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a pretty little farm - I love the rolling hills! Looks like a nice place for you and the Beer Fairy to go for a country visit. That sure is an interesting tree and nice to go back to the place you were newlyweds. Karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a lovely little farm, so peaceful and quiet out there.
    I used to want to live in such a place, but now I have more practical thoughts, such as how much would it cost to get my groceries delivered that far and if I make my own bread will it be edible?
    I also lived in an upstairs flat as a newly-wed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tree pictures are very interesting, Merle. I love to look at the trees, especially if they are a bit mysterious. It looks like you had a nice afternoon tea with Barbara.

    I hope you are enjoying these November days, Merle.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful part of the country. Enjoyed seeing all the photo's :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello