Tuesday 18 August 2015

A family get together and a bit of confusion.

Well it was a busy week not to many pictures but lots of activities. We had a family get together the beer fairy nieces were over from Perth well one was  but I got the date mixed up and went on the wrong day so we went twice, it will take a while to live that one down.  It was held in a very old pub in the inner city area so we caught the train to Petersham or tried to but there was track work and they were running buses so Sydney's traffic in that area is horrible anytime but on the weekends it's snail pace so that took forever, we arrived one hour late so when we didn't find them we were worried we might have missed them but the beer fairy spied his niece but he was very wrong but didn't find out till he had given her a big cuddle, she was a complete stranger but we all had a good laugh and a drink together.  Still no family, so I rang my daughter she told me it was tomorrow, but she just lives down the road so they picked us up and took us home, we had those assemble them yourself hamburgers at Macdonalds they were pretty good but not cheap.
On Sunday we got a lift with Bo Peep as he had his Sunday work cancelled and was heading home and went close to the meeting place all was ok this time. Only thing  this place had live music and being a bit deaf I could hear much  but it was good to see everyone again.
My daughter and I walked home to her place and the beer fairy stayed on for a while longer, I had Bingo the next day all together it was 4 days out,

 The beer fairy looking pretty well almost.
 Lovely flowers do you know what they are.
 The niece from Perth.
one after the other that's a lot for me, so I been off the computer for a while lots of catching up to do.     ..
We cut down the tree in our driveway as it was growing in cement and was dying.
Now I can repaint my window as it needs it.
This is all that was left it was not too big .
but the bin was full.
Drummy was missing the other day and I was worried someone had grabbed her but there was a paling down in the front fence and she spent half the day in the front garden de-snailing just wondered up after lunch.



My front garden is very overgrown and she loves it .
Our street lights have been on half the day and often off at night.




My ginger harvest.
My friends new hairstyle, I think she looks pretty good and much cooler for summer.

32 comments:

  1. I hope they don't tease you for ever for getting the day wrong, lol,
    I'm so glad Drummy wasn't gone, I would miss Drummy too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they will tease me for many years.
      Terrible to think of Drummy gone., we no longer get eggs but thats ok.
      Merle............

      Delete
  2. Loving the Beer Fairy hugging a stranger. Lucky she took it well.
    Your week sounds absolutely exhausting. Productive and fun but exhausting.
    Love your jungle - and am glad that Drummie trotted back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days people get upset about that sort of thing even when it's a mistake.
      Yes busy weeks are exhausting but this week not too much.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  3. That was a there and back again adventure. All's well, including Drummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All's well now and time for a bit of a rest.
      Merle.........

      Delete
  4. Hello Merle....You've been having fun! Barb's new "do" is darling. So glad you are having a holiday. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life is now a holiday all the time.
      Merle.....

      Delete
  5. Nice to have a few days out and about, but nice again to spend time at home after. Barb's new hairstyle looks nice.
    The lovely flowers are magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about the flowers, I've never seen magnolias so small if I find a tree in the flower shops I will get one.
      Merle............

      Delete
    2. I think they are called Magnolia Little Gem.

      Delete
    3. ok thanks for that.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  6. You have been busy then 4 days in a row.
    We can all get dstes mixed up...hope you don't get teased too much on that one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I write things down but when I don't I get things wrong.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  7. Hello Merle, your week sounds both fun and busy. I am glad Drummy is ok. I was going to say your flowers are magnolias but River's comment above already took care of your id. Have a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a bit of discussion if they were magnolias but I've never seen such small ones.
      Merle.......

      Delete
  8. Hari Om
    OMG i have done stuff like that it STILL gets talked about... tsk.... oh well. At least it was a safe misadventure! I love how your yard is like a constant work in progress.. and that Drummy helps out with it. Your niece is very like you! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once knew a lady who have some very expensive ballet tickets and got the days messed up but she went the day after, her husband was very upset about it.
      Merle........

      Delete
  9. I need to paint some windows too! Always something to do when you have a house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, too bad about the mix-up, Merle. I've done that - gotten the date all wrong - what a pain that is! I had a nice laugh over the Beer Fairy hugging the wrong niece - but it all looks like it ended well and you got to spend some time with the real one. Glad Drummy was only out hunting snails. That light pole is having trouble adjusting to the neighborhood, I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone had a good time so ok in the end.
      Merle.......

      Delete
  11. Hello Merle, I really like reading your blog you did have a busy week. I think the flowering tree is a type of magnolia I had one in a pot. Your garden looks lovely and lush Drummy is a great helper getting rid of the snails. Cheers, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi tried to visit you blog but the computer said no.
      nice to hear from you.
      Merle.........

      Delete
  12. Hi sweet Merle! Always a delight to visit you :) You have certainly been a busy lady! I am ever so glad Drummy is okay :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is as good as gold and sitting in my loo as it's raining.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  13. Oh wow, you will NEVER live it down! But it sounds like a great time. There is something so special about catching up with family, and we don't do it nearly so often as we ought. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all over the country so it's hard to get them all together.
      Merle...............

      Delete
  14. Those ARE lovely flowers, Merle, and not sure what they are called. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your niece from Perth. I always wondered what the ginger plant looked like. I know your window needs painting, but it looks so charming - it's one of those older windows from back in the day. Love those. aahh, there's your friend with that sweet smile of hers.

    Have a nice weekend, Merle.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ginger plant has long skinny leaves but when we cut the tree down it got squashed so I dug it up, it takes about 8 months to harvest but I took it early.
      Merle........

      Delete
  15. Sound like some mistake I would do. I don't have many appointments
    so I don't pay much attention to what day it is.

    You have so many pretty flowers and I don't have the foggiest as to what
    they are.

    I would be in a panic if my chickens were missing. I always fear someone will leave the gates open so I keep them locked most of the time. That seems to annoy delivery men and friends. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We leave all gates open, Drummy likes her freedom, the only trouble I have are dogs not on leads walking past.
      Merle.............

      Delete

Hello