Monday 16 April 2018

The smell of fires and the early morning garden.

I awoke this morning to the smell of bushfires, thinking the house was on fire I had a  good look around and couldn't find any thing amiss so put it down to smoke from the bushfires down south. The fires are some distance away, last night they were under control but we had wind last night so maybe they flared up again. It is late in the season for fires but because we had a long hot summer and little rain it not surprising the bush is tinder dry and there is talk they were lit by some idiot.
So grabbed my camera and took early morning photos of the garden, I like the garden best in the afternoon the sun gets under the trees and you get interesting light displays and I usually take pretty parts these are the wilder parts.


There is a definate lean on my arch the jasmine has become to heavy so I've started to prune it off.


This is my driveway it's all cement from the house to the fence, it's old and cracked and things grow in the cracks., I wanted a garden by the house and a tree or two for shade, the pots form the low garden, the cement is very thick and it's a big job to break it all up and start again so I'm just leaving it to grow its own way.
This tree is one thing is not in a pot it's growing in a crack .

Not sure where this grass came from but it grows well down the driveway but it's impossible to transplant it just dies so I just leave it alone, I like its furry seed pods.


The lemon tree is full of lemons .



33 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Nice crop of lemons comingon there - and I love the grass... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first lot of lemons never got a lemon to ripen before they would all fall off but I put it in a pot and moved it under a leak in the guttering so it gets every bit of rain and this year loads of lemons lets hope they are juicy.
      Merle............

      Delete
  2. Love your jungle.
    Isn't it amazing the way that a fragile thing like a plant can rip concrete apart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must of hit the post button last night by mistake but finished this off this morning, I am getting old these days.
      Merle............

      Delete
  3. I love those furry grass plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are good fillers and no thorns.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  4. I like seeing all of your greenery. We are still having snow, which is quite late in the season for us. It gets tiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a long summer that get tiring too.
      Merle.........

      Delete
  5. a pretty green oasis, a lovely patio garden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well driveway garden maybe.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  6. Maybe the birds brought those plants - happens.
    The fires from the news have not been good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not good a lot of bush burnt out.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  7. The wilder side of your garden is just as pretty as the other parts.
    I saw the bushfires on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wild because I was very busy last year but I have started to tidy up a bit.
      Merle.................

      Delete
  8. Hello, your plants and yard look so lush. I would worry about fires and windy conditions. I am glad the fire was put out. I wish I could grow a lemon tree here, looks great. Have a happy day and week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That .lemon tree I've had a long time and no lemons these are the first lemons.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  9. Wow! Look at those lemons. You have lots of greenery, Merle. Nice! Susan p.s. THANKS FOR YOUR VISITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know what they taste like.
      Merle........

      Delete
  10. Love your garden and the fountain grass is magnificent. Unbelievable that someone would deliberately light a fire in this hot dry summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those babies at the top - how precious - grandchildren? Love all of the greenery around your home. Have you been keeping up with your art? It was so nice to hear from you at my blog - I haven't blogged much lately, and I've missed all the fine folks like you in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've fallen behind in my blogging to but catching up now.
      Merle...................

      Delete
  12. Hello Merle ... your garden is looking great... . you will have some lovely quiet time there now you are not so busy .... Hope to join you sometimes ... xxxx <3 ....afternoon tea sounds good ... love Barb .. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoon tea sounds good to me to.
      Merle............

      Delete
  13. Darnit I read your post title as "the smell of fries..." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good the smell of fries.
      Merle..............

      Delete
  14. I am pleased the fire was put out.
    I think your garden looks great.
    Oh, to grow a lemon tree ... I love using lemons in cooking.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use lemon on most meals at home I always put it on vegetables.
      Merle....................

      Delete
  15. oh forest fires always are scary
    just like you we either have long hot summers but our forest areas are mostly in northern part and hardly heard about fires there

    your house is amazing with so much plants and driveway looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Hello