Saturday 30 April 2016

Mostly about cats and cleaning.


 Last week was a cleaning up week, mainly because of my sweet little cat Leeroy, she bought me a nice mouse gift while I was on the phone to my sister, I didn't notice so her idea was if you don't want it I will just let it go but I just didn't want it to go die under the lounges so I moved them to check it out and well you may as well give it all a good clean and rearrange the room, no mouse was found hope it found its way outside.
 This is now my sit and doze in front of the tellie chair, the beer fairy says I don't snore if sitting up so he thinks it is a good idea.


 I often pain my cats,

 I covered this chair in the corner, the other black one I will cover too the stuff they use to cover them wears and tears apart so I will get a few years more out of them and they are less sticky in summer.
 This room also got a good clean as Bo Peek uses it when he stays over but he is away in NZ visiting family for a couple of weeks.
 Also my painting and sewing room.
 My son and daughter in law stayed last night.
 They bought me lots of chocolate and other nice eatables for mothers day as I will not see them for a few weeks now.

 Drummy comb is very pale at the moment l looked it up on the internet, could be caused by lack of iron or poor health as she is getting on a bit, maybe old age too, but I've been giving her meat as the snails and insects are in short supply coming into winter, this is a lamb bone which she is very fond of .





 A bit of  a mess in the dolls house Leeroty was checking it out maybe the mouse was there visiting the dolls.

 My loungeroom in disarray
 Here is the little honey,
I watched a show about cats the other day it said you must blink to greet them and never stare, well this one stares all the time and when I  blinked at her she just stared back.



 But this is just a evil look, I wonder what I did to deserve it.

31 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ... you didn't acknowledge her mouse-herding skills, so there! It is a stinker of a look eh? This being April, am tempted to say well done on the spring clean - but I guess it oughtta be Autumn freshen!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spring is for the garden autumn for the house.
      Merle................

      Delete
  2. I always adore seeing your cats and I must say your paintings of them are stunning! You are incredibly talented, my friend.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I always have trouble with painting cats they always look cranky not cute and cuddly maybe because mine are cranky looking.
      Merle............

      Delete
  3. You are getting a filthy look, probably because you did not appreciate the lovely gift brought to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right about that.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  4. I like your dozing chair, I've always wanted a wing chair, I like the side supports for the head, makes for comfortable napping.
    Leeroy probably blames you for the loss of his mouse.
    I've heard about that blinking thing with cats, you blink slowly, showing that you are not afraid to close your eyes, if your cat blinks back, it shows he trusts you. Sometimes Angel blinks back but mostly not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good dozing chair, I sleep well in it .
      The wings are pretty good too.
      I guess my cats don't trust me,
      Merle..........

      Delete
  5. I really like your very neat painting and sewing room. We could use Leeroy's mouse catching skills here.🐀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about her losing skills.
      Its great to have a room for doing things.
      Merle............

      Delete
  6. Hello, I always enjoy seeing your kitty and Drummy. Your paintings are wonderful. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything looks beautiful, you have the most cosy and welcoming home,, its perfect! I have always loved you paintings and the paintings with cats are beautiful,, you technique for creating texture and shading is amazing, I hope that mouse got out or was eaten,,but if it didn't you'll soon know it,, lol,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know it wasn't eaten they are to well fed to eat anything furry not like the chicken she eats red back spiders, I ve seen her do that.
      No smell so the little fellow must have got away.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  8. oh I forgot to say I hope the addition of meat helps drummy,, I really like that chicken ,,,I hate to think time is running out for her,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She stopped laying about a year ago so I think that makes her about 5 or 6 years old I think.
      Merle................

      Delete
  9. I'm sure there are more mice living in my house than I care to think about; now it's coming on spring maybe they'll leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a chance if there is a food source they will stay.
      Merle.......

      Delete
  10. . I love the mouse story... and the look from Leroy is priceless...
    Your rearrange of the furniture is great... everything looks good.
    Maybe Drummie needs some spinach.. :) :)
    ... hugs.. Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gives visitors that look if they stay more than two days, it's a about time you went home look.
      And it was time to rearrange the furniture.
      Merle.........

      Delete
  11. You certainly did have a clean.
    All looks neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit on the messy side today.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  12. Merle what a great post full of fun and crafty things.
    MOL MOL Mom and I often have blinkie blinkie contests. I'm very good at it as is Mom and she is thankful I don't gift her with mice
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet she is, I'm not keen on my mouse gifts eighter.
      Merle.............

      Delete
  13. I think you might be right about the mouse visiting the dollhouse but thankfully I don't see any mouse poo in there!! I hate those little pellets!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't say I like cleaning, but it must be done every now and again. Looks like you did a grand job! Love the little dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks you had a very busy

































    oh hope you are doing fine after such long busy day as house looks neat and beautiful ,liked those paintings too ,i feel so restless whenever i think that i got company of mouse but thank god that it happen hardly in months ,god bless you dear


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have mice outside in the garden all the time, they eat Drummy and Pidges food all the time but I don't like them in the house.
      Merle.........

      Delete
  16. You are much richer than many wealthy folk

    ReplyDelete

Hello