Sunday 18 March 2018

Back to the garden and a rat hole.

This is a rat hole, I'm cleaning up the garden so that means moving things around and I found this .There is a tunnel under the shed wall the rats were living there when the shed was full but when the son collected all his stuff all the moving around disturbed them and they were turning up everywhere we invested in a lot of baits and most have now gone to rat heaven, but we are still finding traces.. Lots  of broken things , they have done some damage.
The fairy garden has moved to safer ground.
Most of the plants have thrived, the beer fairy doesn't water much I sometimes kill things with kindness and they rot away, so my time with the babies have most likely helped the garden.
We have Angus here for a couple of weeks as mum and dad and the twins are in NZvisiting with the grandparents.
Every morning I do  a clean up as if I don't, I will step in it.
I  moved the wheelbarrow and the tyre went down so it will never move again.
Los of sun today 40c expected, last heat of summer but they told us that a couple of week ago.

The pond is draining.
This is the top garden very overgrown
you have to fight you way in.
so much growth.
I cut all the jasmine off my arch it looks a bit wonky now.


The winter table so sunny but to hot in summer, so not used in the hot months.


 There is a Angus in there you can just see the white feet.
He likes to walk in front of you and stop or go so slow you have to stop.
You will get a lot of the garden over the next few months the twins and their parents are moving to NZ in May to live at this stage it is only for 12 months but if it all goes well they will move for  longer., well bye for now..

18 comments:

  1. You will miss the twins while they are gone. Do you plan on visiting?
    Love your overgrown garden. I am wrestling ours into submission too.
    40? That is way too hot. We are very, very windy and 33. Also too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will I will need to find new things to do, I will have the have Angus for a while they will not be able to take him straight away.
      Lots of fires today everything is so dry late in the season for bushfires it's just so hot.
      Merle...............

      Delete
  2. The garden is looking fabulous, the new fairy garden is pretty and shady. I hope the rats move along and never come back. NZ is a long way away, you'll miss the babies. Hello Angus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to trim it up a bit so I can see the spiders and their webs.
      I can now holiday in NZ and QLD for free but I really hate plane flights but these places are not to far away and I do miss them.
      Merle...............

      Delete
  3. I love your jungle garden. I missed that it was 40 in Sydney today. Ouch, you will miss the twins big time. Technology will help. PS. Just smiling at the photo of you hugging Leroy at the side photo. Leroy does not look happy with the cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leroy hates cuddles but loves to have her ears rubbed, she is a bit odd at times.
      Yes it was super hot we watched the football this afternoon and I was sweating just watching it, crazy to play in this weather.
      Just a bit of a clean out in the garden.
      Merle..........

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Wow, that's news, the move to NZ... you sure will miss their immediate presence, but this is where modern technology comes into its own, with all the video-call possibilities now. I know you'll find things to do - a bit more painting, some crochet, plenty in the garden... your late heat is equivalent to our late snow, I supppose. Crazy climate. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the help of the computer I will be able to keep up with the changes.
      I will give you some heat if you give us some snow wow that would be different snow in Sydney.
      Merle...........

      Delete
  5. Hello, Angus is a sweet dog. Sorry about the rat problem, they would have to go. Your garden looks beautiful. I am sure you will miss the family when they are in NZ. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rats are slowly going but we live near a creek and there are chooks up the back I heard that if you have chooks you often have rats.
      Hope you have a great week too.
      Merle........

      Delete
  6. Your garden still looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be happy we are getting rain this week and cooler temps that will make me happy to.
      Merle........

      Delete
  7. Not good having a rat problem but if you live near a river rats are inevitable at times. Hope they soon are gone.
    Lovely shady garden for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tree loses it leaves so nice and sunny in winter.
      merle..........

      Delete
  8. we have rats around less though yet keep the trap in the house to stay alert as rats are not my fav rodents lol.
    loved your garden glimpse my friend ,so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter and Happy Spring......Your garden looks so lovely. I can not wait to get out in mine. Snow overnight and bitter cold today but sunshine to make it pretty.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Hello